Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

msutanto
#1 Posted : Wednesday, February 26, 2014 11:55:21 PM(UTC)
msutanto

Groups: Administrators
Man
Australia

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Just wanted to make a brief note on some changes I made today, mainly to fix certain prices.

Blockbuster and VideoEzy had a few problems causing their feed to not update correctly, this has now been fixed so it should be accurate starting from tomorrow morning

I have also joined the DungeonCrawl affiliate program to earn an extra 2% commission of them if anyone buys games off our site :)

Also have readded greenman gaming which took a bit of time to do, their prices should now be showing correctly. I have included their console games on our UK site, they aren't available elsewhere in the world..

The currency conversion webservice I was using has also been replaced with Yahoo finance, I believe Yahoo will be a lot more reliable than some random unknown company whose web service keeps on going down... wasn't too hard to do, but at least now I can guarantee that currency conversion rates will be updated daily without fail...

I know these are back-end updates, so people using the site won't notice these changes but I believe it's important to build good software to make it more robust and error free. Our business focuses on ensuring users get the most accurate pricing available, so all these updates are important!

I am planning to add quite a few more stores over the weekend, these include (and not limited to):

TheGamesMen
BeatTheBomb
SteamHookups

Hopefully my MightyApe affiliate program gets approved too, I realized I'm making more money through joining affiliate programs than advertising, if anyone knows somebody who wants to advertise with us please let us know :)

Peace out
Michael
msutanto
#2 Posted : Thursday, February 27, 2014 11:15:46 PM(UTC)
msutanto

Man
Australia

Completed a few updates today

- Joined CDKeywarehouse affiliate program so will start earning commission on this
- Joined MightyApe Affiliate program so will start earning commission on this
- Added GamesMen prices, I asked them again if they would be interested.. same response "not interested because you guys include overseas retailers, but feel free to do it if you want to"... so guess what? I went ahead and added them lol... well it's a win-win for them.. I don't understand why they don't want extra traffic to their site? I just don't get it...

Next up to get the site redesign going, along with adding Beatthebomb and SteamHookups :)
msutanto
#3 Posted : Friday, February 28, 2014 6:48:57 PM(UTC)
msutanto

Man
Australia

Just a quick note to say that I made a change so that for the price alert emails only gets sent out if the price drop is more than 5 cents, not worthwhile spamming people's inboxes of 1-2 cent price drops I don't think..